This coming Memorial Day weekend I’ll be driving #217 in a 24-hour road rally to see how many electric miles I can rack up in a full day. My best guess going into it – accounting for battery range and 4-hour recharging stints – is that I should hit somewhere in the neighborhood of 400 miles.
Here’s my plan:
– Start Sunday, May 30 @9am – finish at 9am on Monday, May 31
– Drive 2.25 hours, yield 100 miles – recharge for 4.5 hours, repeat 4 times
– The Rally should see trips to all 4 points of the compass
– The Rally should minimize any duplication of roadway (no running up and down the same bit of highway)
– Every trip should offer a photo op (see partial list of sites below)
LIST OF PHOTO OPS WITHIN 50 miles of Pearl River, NY
– the Bear Mtn. Bridge, the lookout at the top of Perkins Memorial Drive, West Point and the Storm King Arts Center and the Roosevelt home to the North; the Brooklyn Bridge, the Chrysler Building, Central Park to the South, Morristown, NJ and – in an homage to the man who brought us loads of useful electrical devices – the Thomas Edison National Historic Park in West Orange, NJ.
Got any other suggestions – fire away!